Not only do we have four different generations in the workplace (Traditionalists, Boomers, Gen Xs and Gen Ys) all with different values and goals – we have also hit the completion of the analog to digital shift. These two dynamics have created the perfect storm for conflict in the workplace!
* What understanding generational diversity gives an organization
* How generational information relates to overall diversity in the workplace
* The four generational groupings
* Impact of cusp years
* Caveats (exceptions) to generational data and outliers
* How demographers disagree as to when generational groupings begin and end
* How does the current economic downturn impact our managing of the generations.
Traditionalists/Baby Boomers/Gen X/Gen Y
* Other terms for this generation
* Born in what years
* Influences in childhood and early adulthood that shaped their perspective
* Behaviours demonstrated due to those influences.
Cultural beliefs in the workplace of the four generations regarding
* Job Security
* Job Change
* Activity and productivity
* Work Flow
How to Lead the Different Generations
* How to attract the four generations
* How to retain the four generations
* How to engage/motivate the four generations.